- Install Rust and Cargo with rustup.
- Use the
stabletoolchain (it's the default).
- Use the
- Install build dependencies using your package manager.
- Clone the github.com/sigp/lighthouse repository.
$ maketo build Lighthouse.
$ make testto run the test suite
- If you experience any failures, please reach out on discord.
- Developers use
$ make test-fullto ensure you have the full set of test vectors.
validator_clientand other binaries are created in
- First-time compilation may take several minutes.
Perl may also be required to build Lighthouse. You can install Strawberry
Perl, or alternatively if you're using the Chocolatey package manager for Windows, use the following choco install command:
choco install strawberryperl.
Additionally, the dependency
protoc-grpcio v0.3.1 is reported to have issues
compiling in Windows. You can specify a known working version by editing
protos/Cargo.toml section to
protoc-grpcio = "<=0.3.0".